Chemonics International, a global international development consulting firm, seeks expressions of interest from a Strategic Communications Specialist for a potential part-time assignment to support implementation of the communications action plan of the Government of Moldova’s Regulatory Reform Strategy and Road Map for Competitiveness under the USAID Business Regulatory, Investment, and Trade Environment (BRITE) Program.
- Establish and support a working group of communicators from the primary institutions under the Regulatory Reform Strategy.
- Identify and implement improvements to internal communications within government institutions around the reform agenda.
- Identify, organize, and occasionally lead trainings in key subjects for government communicators.
- Work with Ministry of Economy to develop web-based content on the Regulatory Reform Strategy and Road Map – objectives, activities, results.
- Work closely with media and journalists to improve coverage of the Regulatory Reform Strategy, public-private dialogue, in particular the work of the National Working Group on Regulation of Entrepreneurial Activity.
- At least 5 years of experience in communications in a managerial capacity.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communication strategies, messages and tools.
- Good contacts within government institutions, particularly those responsible for implementing the Regulatory Reform Strategy, and with key journalists covering business environment issues.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams, and build consensus among stakeholders with divergent goals or incentives.
- Knowledge of business enabling environment issues a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Fluency in Romanian; strong English skills preferred.
- Availability to work on a part-time basis.
Please submit a CV and a cover letter in English, outlining qualifications, areas of expertise, and availability no later than November 1, 2013, via e-mail email@example.com under the subject heading: Communications. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
VACANCY FHI 360: Communications Officer
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and...