Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser for its USAID Business Regulatory, Investment, and Trade Environment (BRITE) Program. BRITE is designed to improve the business environment, stimulate investment, and facilitate trade to promote economic growth and prosperity in Moldova.
- Update the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (PMEP), collect data, and perform data analysis. Monitor the achievement of the targets and work closely with BRITE partners to secure the necessary information for the PMEP.
- Maintain a monitoring and evaluation system that gathers all required performance data based on objectives, indicators, and targets to report to USAID, Chemonics, and its partners.
- Maintain systems among BRITE staff in order to ensure harmonized and effective tracking and reporting of all activities, results and impacts. Provide support to all Project Components in this effort to ensure timely and complete capture of needed data and information.
- Identify, gather, and analyze other data to serve as context indicators of the state of the business environment and performance of the Moldovan government and economy.
- Assist in organizing periodic and special studies for the duration of the BRITE Project, including baseline surveys, needs assessments, situation analyses, implementation and outcomes monitoring, mid-term and final program evaluations, with identification and analysis of problems, successes, lessons learned, and effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analyze the annual Doing Business survey and similar global rankings for Moldova, validate results, and maintain a comprehensive database of historical results and measures of progress.
- Support the project’s strategic communications component to maintain appropriate visibility of project achievements through means such as media campaigns, public events, web site, success stories, and newsletters.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, or similar field.
- Strong data analysis skills; knowledge of statistical or data analysis programs
- Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis and similar methods of measuring policy impacts.
- Minimum three years of related work experience; previous experience in international development projects.
- Fluency in Romanian and English.
Please submit a CV, a cover letter outlining qualifications and previous experience, and a list of three references no later than November 2, 2013, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject heading M&E Adviser. All submissions must be in English. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
VACANCY FHI 360: Communications Officer
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and...