FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360’s Civil Society and Peacebuilding Department (CSPD) strengthens the leadership, capacity, and credibility of national and community-based organizations and helps increase the transparency of government agencies at all levels. Our civil society programs enable citizens to solve their own problems and influence policy. Our peacebuilding experts use a variety of locally-owned, effective, and sustainable tools to bridge differences and bring peace to divided communities. CSPD seeks qualified candidates for the position of Communications Officer in Chişinău, Moldova. This position is for the USAID-funded Moldova Partnership for Sustainable Civil Society project.
Under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Communications Officer will be responsible to draft, oversee, and implement programmatic communications efforts, including drafting communication materials, liaising with media representatives and organizing internal and external communications events. S/he will also oversee the creation, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of strategic media campaigns to promote Moldova’s civil society sector and increase citizen engagement and awareness.
The Communications Officer will:
• Develop and maintain the internal information and communications systems to coordinate all inputs for the regular Program reporting deliverables from FHI 360, ECNL, and/or other stakeholders as appropriate; including the monthly activity plan, quarterly reports, annual and/or final report, and all other official program deliverables as needed;
• Support the design, coordination, and supervision of all communications campaigns, including proposed visibility strategy activities and consult on media-related activities;
• Oversee dissemination of invites, newsletters, releases and other announcements. Organize, manage and build strategic target audience lists;
• Develop and select materials from draft to final copy edits. Assist with print pieces and other media content/communications material as needed;
• Provide guidance and support training to program staff, partners and grantees on effective media interaction to increase visibility and credibility of the civil society sector
• Update Program website, track media reports about the project, prepare/revise public information packets/brochures, and success stories, etc.;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent required. Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred;
• Prior experience with an international organization and/or with a non-governmental(s) (NGOs);
• Demonstrated experience of at least 3 years in media-relations, corporate and/or strategic communications;
• Familiarity with USAID programming, rules and regulations highly desired;
• Fluency in Romanian and/or Russian and English (reading, writing and speaking).
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates must submit their CV and cover letter electronically to email@example.com and indicate in the subject the position you apply for. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements by December 26, 2013. Please specify source in your application.
|1843||comunicate de presa|